What began in 2017 as an idea on the back of a napkin has quickly become an award-winning, fastest-growing communications firm working with some big-name consumer and B2B technology brands. At SourceCode, we’re focused on bringing brains and hustle, humanity and technology, creativity and business intelligence back to public relations.
SourceCode’s Account Managers must have a good understanding of communications and client service, and experience with clients using emerging technologies to better understand and deliver seamless customer experiences. Account Managers are the day-to-day account leaders, overseeing more junior team members and ensuring all program KPIs are met. Having a number of years experience in PR and comms, the Account Manager will bring an aptitude for working with media to co-create strategic, creative stories with junior team members. SourceCode employees at this level are responsible for providing senior counsel to our clients, leading long-term strategy, and creative campaign ideation and execution.
We are looking for freelance (or contract-to-hire) support across a variety of accounts. Experience with fintech clients and/or consumer tech and lifestyle is a plus!
What You’ll Do:
- Demonstrate a strong ability to identify relevant media opportunities and utilize analytics to tell a digestible story that differentiates clients within top tier business and trade media
- Build and implement media and influencer engagement strategies, including the development of news campaigns, timely pitches and/or content, and manage next steps all the way through secured coverage
- Quickly establish a rapport with client contacts, gaining their trust as a go-to for strategic counsel; guide and lead client calls and meetings; troubleshoot client problems as they arise, seeking senior management input when appropriate
- Take the lead on the development of written communication, such as press releases, pitches, client emails, and byline articles
- Work with senior teams to ensure campaigns and projects are delivered to scope, budget and team resourcing goals
- Take an active role in the pursuit of new business opportunities
- Mentor and coach junior team members for success
- 6-8 years of professional PR Account Management experience, including managing and mentoring junior PR professionals to ensure their career success
- A proven track record of translating complex technologies into media-friendly narratives to create, oversee and drive media strategies to meet KPIs
- Clear examples of secured Tier-1 media coverage in national business media, trade/verticalized media (retail, marketing, advertising) and general business media
- Proficiency in organizing your own workload against priority and importance for the good of the team and helping other team members to do the same; managing up when there are conflicting priorities and deadlines
- Strong writing and editing skills and the ability to extract insights from large amounts of information; comfort with developing presentations and presenting your ideas to clients and the agency
- Experience with a new business process, including research, identifying opportunities, and the development and delivery of presentation materials
Note: we will work on an hourly rate structure and have a budget of $36-$50 / hour dependent on seniority and experience