What began in 2017 as an idea on the back of a napkin has quickly become an award-winning, fastest-growing communications firm working with some big-name consumer and B2B technology brands. At SourceCode, we’re focused on bringing brains and hustle, humanity and technology, creativity and business intelligence back to public relations.
We are looking for a freelance media strategist with deep knowledge and experience in the automotive / auto tech space to support on relevant accounts as well as participate in new business pitches where applicable. As a freelance media strategist, those in this role will be responsible for advising as well as formulating media strategies in order to secure earned media coverage across SourceCode’s client roster. The ideal candidate is someone who has a strong media rolodex, loves coming up with creative pitch angles, and has a proven track record of landing impactful media coverage.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with SourceCode client leads to brainstorm and develop proactive and reactive pitch angles to ensure clients are consistently served with new and timely strategies to engage media and amplify media successes
- Demonstrate a deep knowledge of the automotive industry – you have solid media relationships in the space and an understanding of the various sectors related to auto-tech
- Ideate, write, and send tailored pitches to relevant journalists
- Research and create targeted media lists
- Read and share relevant news with clients, keeping a pulse on competitor news and showcasing an ability to identify relevant media opportunities to further clients’ business goals
- Support creation of other written materials including press releases, award submissions, and speaker applications
- Note: Level of client interaction and the number of accounts you pitch across will be agreed upon dependent on areas of expertise and the number of hours you’re able to work each week
- A proven track record of creating and driving strategy for automotive / auto tech clients that yields top results
- A strong rolodex of media contacts and the proven ability to cultivate relationships with top-tier reporters across the auto industry
- Excellent written communication skills
- You love connecting clients to the agenda of the day, whether that is through developing longform content, media pitches or short, timely social content.